How to Participate
Members of the Care Coordination Institute (CCI) share a common goal of promoting better care, better value and better health. Members include physicians, hospitals, networks and other healthcare providers that are committed to improving the health of communities through coordinated care and evidence-based best practices.
How it Works
Once enrolled, providers have access to the latest evidence-based best practices for treating high-risk, high-cost diagnoses like diabetes, heart failure, hypertension, asthma, COPD and high cholesterol. Providers also receive monthly reports that indicate how their outcomes compare to other providers who are treating patients with the same diagnoses. There is no fee for the basic level of service. If a provider wishes, additional resources can be made available to help them improve their outcomes and ultimately improve the health of their patients. Programs are available to support individual free-standing physician practices as well as large integrated delivery systems.
Why become a part of the CCI?
Health care is changing. To have a meaningful impact, it is essential for hospitals and providers to work together to improve care, reduce costs and enhance the patient experience. By becoming a member of the CCI, providers can position themselves ahead of the curve and develop the competencies needed to be successful in a healthcare environment that is driven by value rather than volume.
CCI membership is available to any provider in the Southeast. Membership benefits include:
- Quality reports that align with national standards
- Extensive benchmarking and evidence-based protocols
- Support for obtaining national recognitions, patient-centered medical homes and meaningful use
- Lean Six Sigma for health education, coaching and certification
- Continuing Medical Education
- Opportunities for research, including funding to providers
- Onsite quality improvement professionals
- Clinical guideline development support
- Training and education for clinical staff
- Care management expertise
- Tool kits and implementation staff for various clinical programs