DART: Diabetes Control and Prevention
Care Coordination Institute (CCI) Labs partnered with the South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control (DHEC) to create this evidence-based diabetes prevention and control project to improve blood sugar control in diabetics and to increase detection and management of prediabetes.
Benefits of Participating in DART:
- Customized huddle reports identify patients needing (1) diabetes control (2) prediabetes screening (3) interventions for other factors such as hypertension, cholesterol, flu vaccine, etc.
- Customized dashboards track progress in: (1) diabetes control rates (2) prediabetes screening rates and (3) quality score on various health metrics (PQRS, NQF, MACRA, MIPS).
- Practice facilitation (1) assist with efficient, guideline-based approaches to care
(2) works with clinicians, staff and EHRS support to insure capture of key data
(3) identifies referral for diabetes education and prevention
(4) helps create customized templates for patient contact letters
(5) provides access to low-cost or free diabetes medication (BiLo discount program)
- Quality improvement projects for diabetes control and prevention can also be used for PCMH certification and MACRA/MIPS improvement activities.
DART has 4 components, which include:
Customized huddle reports identify patients on the daily schedule who need more effective diabetes management or require screening for (pre)diabetes.
When diabetes is uncontrolled, assess adequacy of the treatment regimen and intensity promptly when required.
Insure patient has access to prescribed treatment and utilize low-cost program, e.g, BiLo pharmacy when appropriate
Accurate and complete coding improves the quality of EHR, huddle reports, quality metrics, & CMS HCC risk adjustment.
Refer patients with diabetes to DSME/T and eligible pre-diabetics to the National Diabetes Prevention Program.
Teach healthy behaviors
Exercising 150 minutes/week and healthy eating reduce incidence of diabetes and help prevent adverse outcomes.
Please click the link below to view additional information. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or to learn more.